It’s Decorum’s first birthday today! We can’t believe we’ve been running for 12 months already. It’s true, time flies when you’re working hard…
In order to celebrate our first birthday, we had a lovely team night out last week – singing karaoke at a ridiculously early hour. Note to self: turning up at Lucky Voice only to hear the lady at reception say to her colleague ‘the day’s first group is here’ is quite embarrassing. Especially when it’s still light outside, and you’re stone cold sober. But anyway, a few bottles of prosecco later, we were all happily getting into the swing of it…
As well as our team night out, we celebrated our birthday with a relaunch of our website. The yellow is gone! We hope you like the new look – we’re really pleased with it, as it shows how we’ve evolved and grown since we first launched, and reflects the luxury lifestyle focus of our business. We are very lucky to work with such fabulous clients, with such brilliant images that really bring the feel of our work to life.
To celebrate our birthday, we thought it would be nice to share with you the most interesting facts about Decorum! Some of which may be slightly embarrassing…
• Decorum was founded by Charlotte Duckworth and Justyna Sowa who met while working for Decorex International.
• Despite not knowing each other that well (they sat nowhere near each other in their old jobs), Charlotte and Justyna agreed to set up a company together at the Southbank’s Nandos.
• From day 1, Decorum was fully self-funded.
• As well as being a social media guru, Justyna is a talented illustrator, and has held an exhibition of her work in the past.
• Meanwhile, as well as being a journalist, Charlotte Duckworth has written a novel.
• We moved into a ‘new’ office in January this year – The Old Church!
• After 8 busy months, we became a team of four!
• When Charlotte Duckworth and Charlotte Morgan are left alone in the office, the conversation always turns to cats (Charlotte M’s puss Charlie above).
• 99% of the conversation in the office is about food, fitness, cats and ‘critiquing’ blogs.
• Julia and Charlotte Duckworth sing along incessantly to the radio.
• The Decorum team is an eclectic mix of vegan, dairy-free, veg-free and gluten-intolerant.
• Julia is a bit obsessed with post-its – she has 13 on the go at the moment.
• We’ve worked with 53 design companies since launching (no wonder we needed a bigger team!)
Thanks so much to everyone who’s supported us in our first year! Let’s hope next year is as exciting as the last…